The first thing to know about foam rolling is that there are a lot of nonsensical and made up claims for it with a lot of pseudoscience. The warning is be careful what you read about the use of foam rolling by the gurus and pseudo experts. The claims that get made for the use of foam rolling are not backed up by the scientific research on it. Having said that, it is useful. Athletes use it as part of a warm-up and recovery routines. It can help for some specific conditions such as self-massage for plantar fasciitis.
It does not loosen fascia, that is impossible. Its does not release toxins – that is a claim often made by the scientifically illiterate…. and so on. Do not believe the hype.
Given the muscle pain and trigger points in fibromyalgia, can it actually help beyond the hype and personal anecdotes that surrounds its use? While the research does show some benefits in athletes and muscle aches, there is an extraordinary lack of research on its use in fibromyalgia. There is this study (in Italian) that showed that in people with fibromyalgia that the group that used the foam roller did better than the control group on measures of depression, pain, anxiety and sleep quality. So that is a good finding and does support the use of foam rolling in fibromyalgia.
By all means, please try the foam roller. It does appear that it can help. Just do not fall for the hype, marketing and pseudoscience that gets claimed for it.
All you need to do is buy a foam roller (online or at the local sports shop) and find a program (online, in books, or get a personal trainer).
- High-density foam roller with molded edges
- Ideal for balance, strengthening, flexibility, and rehab exercises
- Made in the USA from molded polypropylene to maintain firmness
- Lightweight, easy to clean and transport
- Measures approximately 36 x 6 x 6 inches (L x W x H)
- Foam Rollers For Muscles – LuxFit High Density Foam Roller is great for Physical Therapy, before or after Exercise, Yoga, and Massage Therapy. Foam Muscle Rollers helps to relieve Muscles Tension and increase Muscle Reflexology. Form Roller. Body Roller
- Foam Exercise Roller Helps Prevent Muscle Injury - Perfect for positioning, balance, postural and muscle re-education, spinal stabilization, body awareness and coordination, ranging and strengthening activities. Yoga - Fitness Foam Roller. Foam Roller for IT Band
- Extra Firm Gym Foam Roller - Molded polypropylene foam technology has a 2 lbs. per cubic foot density, Smooth surface, Will not lose its shape after heavy use, and Repels Liquids. Trigger Point Foam Roller. Stretching Foam Roler
- 4 Sizes Available For All Your Needs – 36 Inch, 24 Inch, 18 Inch, 12 Inch. 36 Inch foam roller is our largest size. Black Foam Rollers are great for Back Pain and Back Exercises. Great for core stabilization, balance, and stamina. 6 Inch wide Round Foam Roller. Foam roller for physical therapy & exercise
- Full 10 Year Limited Warranty - MADE IN THE USA! - with Free Online Instructional VIDEO - Using your own body weight let the faom roller do a MyoFascial release to provide Maximum Relaxation Relief. Deep Tissue Foam Roller Massage. Foam Roller for Back. Leg Roller. Exercise Roller
- 12. 75 inches x 5. 25 inch diameter , lightweight yet rugged solid core massage roller with EVA tread and triple grid 3D massage zones mimics the finger , palm , and thumb of a therapist's hands .
- Medium density muscle roller is comfortable to use - making it easy for beginners , but still effective at penetrating the soft tissue layer of tired muscles . Soft enough to use while in pain from lower back injury , sciatica or plantar fasciitis .
- One of the best recovery tools to treat muscle pain , increase performance and flexibility. Rolling before and after exercise sis part of a great stretching routine . Increases blood flow to massage site , flushing away stored lactic acid .
- Stretch overworked and strained muscles of the leg , arms , and feet by rolling during your warm up and cool downs . Provides instant benefit to the hamstring , IT band , glutes , and calves by delivering superior massages at home or in the gym .
- Loved by runners , exercise athletes , yoga and pilates students , swimmers , physical or sports therapy patients , and aid those just doing a normal fitness workout . Great for the arch of the foot , and any part of the superior body but the spine or neck .
- Alpha Books
- Woodworth, Sam (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 192 Pages - 11/08/2016 (Publication Date) - DK (Publisher)
- EXTRA FIRM - BEST FOR INTERMEDIATE and BEYOND LEVEL: High density expanded polypropylene (EPP) that is designed for deeper massage than standard foam roller
- 18-INCH LENGTH x 6-INCH ROUND: Full size foam roller but only weighs 12 oz Support up to 300 lbs for moderate to heavy use while remaining shape for years
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: Premium foam roller is ideal for physical therapy, pre and post yoga, trigger point massage, stretching, perfect for everyday use
- PERFECT FOR SELF-MASSAGE THERAPY & MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: Great for improving muscle mobility, flexibility and preventing soreness for all sports enthusiasts, CrossFit, Pilates, bodybuilding, running, weight training, yoga
- 1-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL : If you believe it’s not for you, contact us for a brand new replacement, or a full refund
- Patented foam roller design offers a superior, multi-density exterior constructed over a rigid, hollow core
- Constructed from quality materials that won't break down or lose shape from repeated use
- Includes access to free online instructional video library on foam rolling best practices from the experts at Trigger Point
- Trusted foam roller of physical and massage therapists, coaches, trainers and athletes
- Original GRID: Standard density, 13 x 5.5 inches, 500 pound weight limit; 1 year manufacturer's warranty
- 3D textured rollers measure 13 x 5.5 inches with triple massage zones to replicate the fingers , thumbs , and palms of the human hand.
- Roll before and after your work out at the gym , Pilates , or yoga to condition and stretch muscle tissue , and remove painful trigger points . Dual grid design has finger zone with ridges , and spiked bumps on the opposite side .
- Great for runners , after a long workout , or as part of your stretching routine . Heavy Duty EPP construction tough enough for athletes , and still comfortable enough for a beginner .
- Choose from lightweight and portable full size model or our mini travel model to get physical therapy grade massages , deep stretches , and acupressure relief all in the privacy of your own home .
- Speed up recovery , treat muscle pain , increase performance , flexibility , and mobility . One of the best fitness tools to help your body recover , rolling before and after exercise is critical for beginners and pros alike .
- ROLL OUT BETTER THAN EVER – Warm up and recover like never before with the next-generation foam roller with vibration! Powerful pulses reverberate through tight and sore muscles, thwarting tension and soreness like no regular roller ever could.
- INCREDIBLE ENGINE – Vigorous workouts require vigorous rehabilitation. Epitomie Fitness’s electric roller delivers intense vibrations with its unmatched vibration engine. Capable of up to 3600 RPM to take you from rigid to relaxed in no time!
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR TREATMENT – Restore muscles and maximize performance with the only vibration foam roller with 4 intensity settings and 1 pulsating setting! Each setting relaxes and repairs, sending vibrations deep into your muscles with every pulse!
- RELAX, IT’S RECHARGEABLE – Not only is your foam roller vibrating massager’s battery rechargeable, but it lasts for over 4 hours! It includes a USB cable, but there’s no need to pull it out just yet. The roller arrives pre-charged!
- OUR PROMISE – Hit every workout hard for life when you warm up and recover with Epitomie Fitness’s vibrating exercise roller! It comes with a lifetime guarantee, ensuring that every training session is your best one yet.
- RELIEVE TIGHT MUSCLES - Creates pressure to release trigger points and loosen knots in muscles and improve overall flexibility, especially in commonly tight areas such as the back, calves, IT band, hamstrings, lats, and glutes
- FIRM MASSAGE - High density foam structure provides a deeper massage than stand-ard foam rollers, and is firm enough to support all body types without losing shape after regular use
- BODY AWARENESS – This versatile fitness tool offers instability for Pilates core exer-cises, rehab exercises, spine stabilization, and body-awareness
- REDUCES SORENESS - Eases tightness in muscles after training for faster recovery and reduced soreness – a great addition to workout programs for beginners and ad-vanced users
- LOW-MAINTENANCE - Made out of non-toxic, high-density expanded polypropylene (EPP) that is easy to clean; 36-inch by 6-inch size is suitable for anyone; smaller sizes are easy to store and great for travel
- The firm high density 18 inches foam roller can perfectly massages your back, leg, hip, waist and shoulders. It is designed to help increase circulation, ease soreness and stiffness and assist rehabilitation.
- The muscle roller stick is 17 inches in length, with anti-slip handles and 9 therapeutic spindles to address most muscle groups with ease. Very effective in relieving muscle pain and fatigue to the problematic area like back, neck and leg.
- 2 types of massage balls with different appearance, both great tools for trigger point and myofascial release. The solid ball is perfect for rolling the chest, forearm , neck , and shoulders, and the spike ball is great for the arches of your feet for plantar fasciitis.
- The stretch strap is amazing for your hamstring and quads. Our woven nylon stretching strap is durable and long-lasting, highly effective for warmup, exercise, and post-exercise, great for dancers and athletes.
- These are all must-have accessories for any fitness, yoga or Pilates enthusiast. Every product in our store includes 24 months quality insurance, even the return window has been closed please tell us, we will solve your problem within 12 hours.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.